Mental Health (MH) Awareness and Wellbeing
This one-day mental health awareness and wellbeing training programme is designed to introduce people to the topic of mental wellbeing, it raises awareness of mental health problems and helps reduce the stigma and discrimination surrounding mental health issues. The course will teach learners to quickly identify someone who may be experiencing mental health issues and the simple things they can do every day to proactively support themselves, friends and colleagues, both in and out of the workplace.
- The course is designed for the wider public, for all teachers and students in education, staff working in all types of private industry and community settings where employees have contact with people experiencing mental health issues.
On completion of the course, learners will be able to:
- Recognise some of the symptoms of the most common mental issues
- Know how to manage the impact of stress and depression in the workplace
- Challenge some of the stereotypes and stigma associated with the term mental illness
- Develop an awareness of sources of support, respond appropriately to a mental health crisis
- Understand how to look after their own and others’ wellbeing
- Promoting and assisting others to access appropriate support in the community
- Know how to implement a positive mental health culture in the workplace
- Please contact
- 1 Day